I think her random expressions of gratitude must be related to this human holiday called "Thanksgiving." That is a day when all of your human family comes over, cooks food, and yells at each other. Then, after a long day of napping and watching football, everybody says "thanks" and gives us lots of yummies. Last year, I got a whole heaping plate of sausage stuffing, corn casserole, pumpkin pie, and turkey (I would have preferred roast kitty, but beggars can't be choosers). It was sooooooo delicious!
The problem is, last year, I got so caught up in finishing my treats (and begging for more) that I forgot to say thanks to Mom. So this year, my brothers and sisters and I decided that we would say thanks ahead of time...just in case we get wrapped up in the excitement of the feast again. Plus, we want to make sure that we are in Mom's good graces when she doles out the turkey!
So here are 10 reasons that we are thankful this year:
1. "I am thankful that we don't have all of those puppies this year...more attention for me!"
2. "I am thankful that there are lots of squirrels in our yard." -Layla
2b. "...and I am thankful that Layla chases them away." -Harrison
3. "I am thankful that Harry is so gullible." -Miss Kitty
4. "I am thankful for cheese." -Lennon
"No Lennon, you have to list things that really matter and make your life better...duh!" -Harrison
"Fine. I am REALLY thankful for cheese." -Lennon
5. "I am thankful that I am allowed on the furniture." -Layla
6. "I am thankful that the weather is getting colder." -Ringo
7. "I'm thankful that we only have one kitty." -Harrison
8. "I am thankful that Mom and Dad rescued me." -Lennon
9. "I am thankful for my clean litterbox." -Miss Kitty
10. "We are thankful for our Mom and Dad and the warm loving home they give us!"